Saturday, April 30, 2011

Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival

Have you ever gone to the Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival? I have! There are many sights to see. The city of Jinhea is famous since it is the city with the most blossoming cherry trees in the world. When we got to the Cherry Blossom Festival the first thing I saw was…A BIG RED SHINY TRAIN!!!! We waved to the passengers.

      The train was going really slow and lots of people were trying to get pictures of themselves standing in front of the train as it was coming up behind them.


After the train went by my mommy and I posed on the train tracks.

After that we went to the famous bridge where there are a whole lot of cherry trees. It is really beautiful! The pink peddles were falling and the sun was shinning! It was like warm snow in spring!

This was just the street that we parked on. Lots of the sides streets where lined with cheery trees and really pretty.

This is the famous bridge that everyone gets there picture taken at. It was really
pretty but it was packed with people trying to take pictures.
We decided to take pictures from the side of the bridge since everyone else
were trying to get pictures at the end of the bridge. I liked this view better anyways :)

Then we explored the vendors and found many kids craft tents. I painted a ceramic rabbit car pen holder. Then we spotted a Bow and arrows tent. They are made of bamboo wood. We bought one for 6 bucks. It came with the bow and 5 arrows.

Painting my rabbit car pen holder.

The cool bows.

These were toy swords you could buy. Much cooler than the toy
swords you would fine at a festival in America.

We then climbed up a bunch of stairs on went up this cool lookout. You could see the whole city and the sea from the top of the look out. It was really neat up there.
At the top of the lookout. 

Taking pics of Jinhae

There were 365 steps leading up the mountain to the lookout. It is called the "Year Stairway."

It always seems that I become an attraction to the locals when I go to festivals.
I always have people want to get their picture taken with me :)

After that we were all hungry so we went to a chicken ginseng soup restaurant. The chicken was filled with rice, dates, ginseng and some other stuff. We tried the food and I was not surprised. My mom and dad liked it, but they said it would have been better with wild rice. 
Yummy sam gyeop tang. 

The cherry blossom was really good. I wish we had boughten more.
For dessert we bought some of the famous cherry blossom bread! Then it was time to go. I love the cherry Blossom festival!











No comments:

Post a Comment